Conversation with a Funeral Director
In this episode of the Soul Garden, Georgina Langdale is joined by third generation funeral director, Terry Longley in a warm, thoughtful and informative discussion on what happens after someone dies.
Statistics say that most people will only have direct experience of having to manage the funeral of 2.3 people in a lifetime. That doesn't give us much practice at knowing what to do!
So in this interview Georgina and Terry explore the deathcare landscape in New Zealand and a range of topics including:
- The role of the funeral director
- The importance of visitation
- How to care for a body at home
- Deaths referred to the Coroner
- and what do do if someone dies at home